The Cliffs of Moher
1. Only 9% of the Irish population are redheads.
2. 57% of the Irish culture wear glasses or contact lenses.
3. A song only needs to sell 5,000 copies to top the Irish music charts.
4. The River Shannon is the longest river in Ireland and Britain.
5. The average height of an Irish women is around 5'5".
6. The average height of an Irish man is around 5'8".
7. A book only needs to sell 3,000 copies to top the Irish Best bestseller list.
8. Northern Ireland in part of the United Kingdom.
9. The capital of Ireland is Dublin, which is over one quarter of the Irish population.
10. At the Olympics, boxing is Ireland's most successful sport.
11. According to the Irish birthday traditions, people hold the birthday child upside down and bump the head slightly on the floor. The bumps correspond to the age of the child. It is believed that this tradition brings good luck.
12. The 3 most famous symbols of Ireland are the shamrock, the harp, and the Celtic cross.
13. Ireland has had its own Olympics since the Bronze Age ( when the first metal was used). The Tailteann Games (Aonach Tailteann), as they were known, were athletic contests held in honor of the deceased goddess Tailtiu, Lugh's wife. Although historically attested games were held from the 6th to the 12th century CE, it is claimed that the origins of the Tailteann Games go back to 632 BCE, or even as far as 1600 BCE (against 776 BCE for the ancient Greek Olympic Games). Modern revival of the games have been held since 1924.